Friday, September 18, 2009

Some Tough Church Rules & The Manor House

Big wedding tomorrow.  Ceremony is at a church in Hyde Park.  I read their photographer rules on their website, and WOW - they are STRICT.  I've worked under some crazy conditions, but these are the worst by FAR.

1.  No photos except from the balcony or the narthex (which is the church lobby).  So, that means all telephoto shots, maybe a few wide angle from the balcony.  And I'm going to assume that the narthex will have glass between it and the church area - those photos through the glass are going to look GREAT (yeah, right!).

2.  I can't go past the eighth pew during the processional.

3.  Only ONE shot of the Bride and each Bridesmaid as they walk down the aisle.  Seriously, ONE???  I just don't think that's possible - and come on, how will they know?  Are they going to count the number of times I press the shutter...?  I may follow all of their other crazy rules, but I'm going to bend this one for sure.

4.  No flash except during the processional.  I don't remember anything about the recessional, but another rule I'll break if necessary.

From what I can tell, it's a fairly pretty church - I even think I was in a wedding there years ago (this will jar my memory for sure).  But some pretty hard core rules on photography!

The reception will be at The Manor House in Mason, Ohio.  It's on my "list" of places I want to do photos.  From what I've seen online, there's a gorgeous courtyard area with a gazebo, small stream, bridge, etc.  We'll be rushing from the church to The Manor House to squeeze in some of those key photos before the sun sets!  We won't have much time, that's for sure.

All in all, tomorrow won't be the easiest of weddings - some of the conditions are definitely not in favor of the photographer (yours truly), but that won't stop me from trying to get the most fabulous photos I can!  I haven't had an angry Bride and Groom yet, and I don't plan to start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment