Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wedding Venue : The Madison

On March 5, 2010, we shot our first event at The Madison in Covington, Kentucky. I've heard a lot about this venue and was excited to check it out!

The reception was actually at The Madison South, located at 740 Madison Avenue Covington KY 41011. It's a cool, little place - with lots of exposed brick walls, HUGE mirrors, leather chairs, curtains, etc. Many opportunities for some great photos!

Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of time to do some of those cool photos.  The Bride and Groom decided to ride around in the limo with the wedding party for an hour after the wedding - hey, it's cool.  It was their day, after all, so they can do whatever they want, right?  Gave me lots of time to photograph the cake and other details....

We did get all the reception photos with barely a minute to spare - the DJ and I definitely worked together to make sure nothing was missed!

So, speaking of those huge mirrors - I did use one to get some interesting lighting on the rings/flower shots.  I bounced my light off the mirror and got some back lights - which gave the diamonds a different look.  Check it out.

We certainly hope we'll be back at The Madison soon!  I had so many ideas for photos!  Hopefully, I get the opportunity to try some of them out soon!

Are you considering your wedding at The Madison or The Madison South?  We'd love to talk to you!  (And hey - I'd even be willing to offer you a special discount, so I can get back there and try out some of my photo ideas.)  Contact us at contact@gardner-photo.com or 513.207.6738.

No comments:

Post a Comment