Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Before & After - When Photoshop Saves the Day

I wish every photo that came off my memory card was perfect, every time....but that doesn't always happen.  Heck, that never happens!  There are many factors that go into creating a photo, so anything can go wrong.  That's when Adobe Photoshop can sometimes save the day.

I had a wedding about a year ago and was asked to work some Photoshop magic.  A very specific image of the Bride and Groom didn't exist, so the Bride asked me if I could "create" this image.

It was a tough challenge, but I was up for it!  It would mean finding an image that was close and then removing people and recreating a background.  With something like trees or sky, it can be relatively easy to clone the background.

Not with this photo.

It had a lot of details that were in focus - the slats in the porch, the windows next to the front door, the vase of flowers....luckily, I did find two choices, and the couple looked great in both!

You can see the amazing "before" and "after" here....




This was a very rare and extreme case - but it shows that Gardner Photography & Design has the ability to work their "magic" behind the lens AND on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment