Monday, August 10, 2009

Behind the Scenes

It's bound to happen - you have two (or more!) photographers, and you sometimes get in each others way. And next thing you know, one of you is in the background of the other person's photo!

My second shooter (who is also my husband!) and I have mostly worked this out. We have our "positions" for different points in the ceremony and reception, and we try to time our photos, so that the other person can move out of the way.

For example, he might be at the end of the aisle shooting people as they walk down it. Since I tend to stick with my bride, I am often at the other end of the aisle getting them before they enter the church or ceremony site. And I get photos of the back of people as they walk down and the candids of the Bride before she enters.

We try to make sure we've positioned ourselves, so we can duck out of the way or hide when the other person is taking their photo. I will see his flash go, and then he will get out of the way, so I can take a photo without him in it. Takes a little coordination, but come on, nobody wants a bunch of photos with US in them!

Since I am the primary photographer, I am often the one in the way....but hey, I need to make sure I'm getting all the photos the Bride and Groom have requested. Sometimes, it's just not really possible to get the photo without one of us in it....here I am shooting Beth and Dan at their recent July 4th wedding...

Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment