Sunday, August 2, 2009

What I Learned From a Week at the OBX, Part III

10. Chelsea is a good dog. One day, we were playing in the water, when I saw a black dog quickly walking off when a plastic baggy from our site. It had a mostly eaten sandwich in it. I retried the bag from this friendly dog, and that is how we met Chelsea. We came to learn that she’s a “local” who likes to play at the beach and befriend the tourists. You would have thought she was ours – playing in the surf with the kids and trying to make herself at home in one of our beach chairs. So, if you find a black dog with red collar who seems friendly enough, then check the tag – it might be sweet Chelsea.


11. The BEST corn I ever had in my LIFE came from a roadside stand across from the Cotton Gin on 158. We all gobbled it up. I really wanted to stop and take some home, but we didn’t have enough time. I plan to buy enough to eat it every day on our next trip!


12. Cameras steam up. As hot and humid as Cincinnati gets, I’ve never encountered this problem. But I ran into this issue constantly and missed several shots because of it. C’est la vie. Stupid me, though, tried to wipe it off one time and scratched something inside the camera that will require some work by Canon. I just hope it doesn’t cost too much to fix…..lesson learned for sure!


13. A distant thunderstorm from the comfort of your hot tub is awesome. ‘Nuff said.


14. Lastly, since I am a wedding photographer, I am now desperate to photograph a fabulous beach wedding in the OBX. Something at The Whalehead Club would be truly spectacular, I’m sure. Even something simple on the beach. Hopefully, I can book something in the next year and plan vacation around it. I’m glad I have already dealt with the lens steaming up, sand scratching something, the lighting conditions, etc. If you are planning your wedding at the OBX for next summer, then please consider contacting Gardner Photography & Design! We’ll certainly give you a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment