Thursday, August 13, 2009

Inspiration : Greeting Cards?


Last night, I did an engagement shoot for Katie & Nick – what a wonderful couple! We met at Devou Park at the overlook (behind the Drees Pavilion) for an early evening shoot. This part of the park isn’t really positioned right for a sunset, but there is some fabulous lighting to be had as the sun sets behind the tall trees. The sun went behind the clouds for a little bit, too, and the lighting was studio quality – if only I could get natural light that amazing all the time!

Nick and Katie brought along Whitney, Nick’s daughter, and we took a variety of shots – with Whitney, without Whitney, just Whitney…you get the idea. All three had on white tops, jeans and cowboy boots. Katie did a spectacular job of coordinating their outfits!

We got so many great shots – and then, Katie asks me if we can try something. I had already planned to do some photos with everyone in the grass on their bellies. I also shoot on my belly, and I love how these look. But Katie had a special shot in mind. It was based on a greeting card she had received from Nick – and she loved this card. The card had a couple tangled in sheets, their feet the only thing visible. I didn’t actually see the card, but Katie explained it to me, and I got a visual.

Katie and Nick removed their boots and socks – Nick was definitely wondering where this was going when Katie first asked him to take off his shoes! The first photos were of just the feet, but then I got down low, and that’s when the magic started. The resulting photos were FABULOUS! I may just have to get every couple to play footsy in the grass and see how it goes. Or I may have to start spending some time in the greeting card department at my local Target!

THANK YOU Katie for your wonderful inspiration! We are so excited for your August 29 wedding and can’t wait to see all of you again and meet the rest of your clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment