Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vendor Recommendation : Jewelry


I've decided to start something new - vendor recommendations! The longer you're in this business, the more vendors you meet, and the better your recommendations get. Some of my recommendations are based on who I used for my own wedding - and some are based on the fabulous folks I've met and worked with at other weddings.

For my own wedding, I truly struggled with the dresses and jewelry for.....my bridesmaids! Yes, picking out my own dress was pretty easy. I went to David's Bridal and quickly had it narrowed down to two dresses. With the help of my stepdaughter, Taylor, and some very nice women at the store, I was able to settle on a dress (okay, okay, so it was about four hours later, but it was only ONE trip to the store).

After that, I spent countless hours searching for dresses for my bridesmaids - they even laughed at me for working so hard on finding THEIR dresses. I didn't want them stuck with ugly dresses that they would hate. Same for the jewelry - for them and me! After I did find dresses (also from David's Bridal), I spent weeks trying to find matching jewelry that wasn't tacky or cheap but something I could afford. NOT an easy task.

That's when I was lucky enough to find Redot Designs. I was actually able to custom design my own necklace based on earrings they offered. I mocked up the design in Photoshop and sent it to Rebecca Dotson (the owner), and the resulting necklace was perfect! I ordered all the jewelry for myself and my bridesmaids from Redot Designs and was VERY happy with the entire experience. One of my bridesmaids was wearing her necklace of black Swarovski crystals recently, so I'm happy to know that my gift is getting more use than one day!

I was just on the site and noticed they now have a "Christie" necklace. It's not the one I designed, but I love it and may have even ordered it for myself! It looks like they're going to start a big face lift/redesign, so I will be sure to check them out afterwards and possible pick up some bling for myself.

To learn more about Redot Designs or order their gorgeous jewelry, visit: http://redotdesigns.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment