Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gone Shoppin'

Was out shopping for my almost 3-year-old's birthday and decided to stop into Best Buy for some new movies for him. Well, we wandered into the computer section, and I ended up with a few new toys!

I'm all about the latest gadgets - especially if they'll make my life easier, and I can deliver better quality in less time. I'm also all about having the right equipment. External hard drives are VERY important, because I would hate to think of what would happen if I ever lost any photos - eek! That thought gives me nightmares, chills and gray hair.

That's why I back up my images online at Zenfolio.com AND on an external hard drive. My current drive of choice is the Western Digital My Book. It's 1 TB (size matters!) and is a slick looking black device. Ever since we got the new Canon 5Ds with their 21 megapixel awesomeness, I've been filling up my current My Book rather quickly. It's down to 500 GBs!

So, I picked up a second 1 TB My Book, and I'm ready for the megabytes - bring them on!

In addition, I got a fancy new DVD writer. It is much faster than the one in my laptop and offers some additional features like LightScribe label printing. I am VERY interested in checking this out, because it means I can print on the CDs and DVDs - much better than marking them with my trusty Sharpie. Hey, it works, but it's just not the prettiest way to go.

As we add more fancy, cool gadgets to our arsenal, I'll report them here! Just one more way we are trying to offer the best service and options to our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment