Saturday, August 22, 2009

Good to the Last Shot

Batteries may not sound like an exciting thing to discuss, but they really are very important to a wedding photographer. We go through A LOT of batteries in one wedding, because our Canon 580 EX II flashes are battery hogs. I can almost hear the sucking noise as I take photos.

Like myself, my husband is a research freak. And, like me, he wants to have the best equipment, so that we know we can take the best photos. I never want to worry about my gear and whether it's going to deliver.

So far, we've been using Eneloop and Duracell rechargeable AA batteries. At first, I thought I preferred the Eneloop, but it seems the Duracell actually last a little longer. I know the Duracell are 2650 mAh, but the Eneloop might be a little less.

A fellow photographer recommended Powerex. Since I liked their chargers and planned to order one, I decided I'd get two packs of the 2700 mAh batteries and give them a "shot." They should arrive this week - just in time for our next wedding on 8/29. I'll have to report back on how they do.

One of the goals at Gardner Photography & Design is to deliver the best service possible - that is why we put so much time and effort into picking out something as small as batteries. They seem like nothing major until they die on you in the middle of a key shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment