Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Next Wedding


Just spoke with the Bride of our next wedding (end of August). I have yet to meet her! We handled everything via e-mail and the telephone. But we're planning a quickie engagement shoot, so they'll have a photo for the mat that everyone will sign at the reception.


It's kind of a crazy story. I always show up early for photos, especially when it's a location I've never been to (and haven't scouted out beforehand). This particular wedding party wanted to start out at Devou Park. I was so excited, because it was on my list of places I wanted to do photos! I heard the views of the Cincinnati skyline are fabulous!

It was a hot, late June day - with bright sunlight. NOT the best conditions for being outside and taking photos. I was walking around doing test photos, waiting for my wedding party to arrive, when I started chatting with a very nice woman named Barbara. She was helping out with another wedding and worked for the flower vendor.

Well, it turned out that her granddaughter was getting marred at the end of August and asked for my business card. Luckily, her granddaughter, Katie, called me and booked! Katie sounds super nice, and I can't wait to meet her and her future husband, Nick! Her small wedding will take place at her grandmother's house, and it sounds like it's going to be special, intimate and a beautiful event! We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment